Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recovering!

I just wanted to post a quick update about the recovery process. Went in for my two-week (ish) check up Thursday, and the x-rays look fantastic! The bones seem to be knitting together nicely, no sign of infection, and both the incision sites on my pelvis & shoulder are healing beautifully. Thank goodness I horded a couple of the coco butter massage bars I made a while ago-it's really coming in handy right now!

I'm still pretty limited as what activities I can do, but all in all, I'm rather well. Oh, and I'm cleared for swimming!!
Seven years is far too long to be relegated to a doggy paddle, let me tell you. I'm really, really hoping that being able to swim again will help get my chubby arse in shape. I'm all about loving my curves, not so much the extra flubby jiggle. Besides, swimming being a low-impact exercise, I am seriously less likely to hurt myself. Also, swimming = guilt free scoop of caramel swirl with chocolate sauce.

Or, this:

 

This sweet bowl of heaven is homemade (!!!) Dark Chocolate Truffle Caramel Swirl Ice Cream, from Kristine's Kitchen.   For the love of of your tastebuds, follow that link for the recipe! If only I had an ice cream maker....

No comments:

Post a Comment