Thursday, April 26, 2012

Surgery Pt 2

I recently had my one-year check-up following my clavicle surgery (which you can read a bit about, here) and was told that the bones have knit better than expected, and I can get the plate taken out any time. Usually the plate can be left in, but since I do love a good backpacking/hike, and routinely participate in activities that put pressure on the area, it would be more beneficial to have the plate removed. Hooray for increased comfort & function! 

Since this will be simple removal of hardware, it should be a fairly quick healing time. Other than having to take it easy for a couple of months following, while the holes in the clavicle (left from the screws) fill back in, I should be up and around the next day. I'm anxiously awaiting approval from the insurance company (fingers crossed!), and may very well be in for the surgery within a couple of weeks. Plenty of time to heal up before the summer fun begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment