Friday, September 14, 2012

All quiet

It's been radio-silent here for quite awhile, but for good reason! My life has been totally consumed with planning a wedding, preparing to move three dogs n two people to a new state, and for both humans to start new jobs, go back to school, and re-adjust to civilian and college life. Oh, and lots of shameless doggie glomping, ear nomming, and cooking crazy good food!

Right now the house is overrun with crafty-ness, and starting next week it's only going to get crazier. Friends & family will start arriving from all over the place, and our house will play host to dinner parties, extended guests, and even more dogs! My wedding dress will be fitted just a few days before the wedding (a little nervous about that, I won't lie), and I'm sure I'll lose the dining room to the amazing friend & seamstress making my dress. Several people have pulled out of attending/helping, so I'm scrambling to find back-ups for the back-ups that cancelled, and some last-minute changes to the plans (our venue currently has no sound system, at all!) have left me uneasy.

I'm definitely going through phases of "We got this," to "shit shit shit." I'm not panicking, but I am a wee bit more stressed than I would like to be at this phase. My original plan was to have everything wrapped up two weeks ahead of time, so I could focus on the little extra details. Hah! Having been involved in wedding planning before, I should have known better!

Thankfully, R has a truly incredible sister that has been busting butt to help us out. Seriously, she's been kicking ass on several key projects, and is even coming down a week ahead of time, to make sure we have extra hands, and stay as de-stressed as possible. My best gal is flying in a week early, AND her parents (my 'adopted' fam) are coming out to stay the week, just to help us wrap up whatever we have left. I'm a little overwhelmed with how much people want to help-which is probably the only thing keeping me somewhat calm at the moment!

I'm looking forward to sharing all the awesome projects, foods, and photos here when it's over n done with. For now, I'm off to bake my third batch of chocolate mint cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment